Saturday, March 21, 2009

Working at the car wash, oh oh oh oh

A couple days ago I had to go pick my sister up from the airport. My sister is a very clean person so I had to clean out my car and give it a bath. It wasn't horrible but it could use it.
I first vacuumed out my car and I have not mastered the speed of vacuuming. I had to use 2 dollars. AND I moved the girls car seats and it was um ya gross. Nothing gooey or grimy just lots of crumbs.

We moved on to the do it yourself car wash! For two dollars I had four minutes to make my mini van beautiful! First the presoak, which after halfway through I decided I could get away with just doing this to wash my car. I decided to be good so I threw on the soap and then the foam brush. My girls loved the foam brush because there was tons of PINK to cover the car with.

While foaming the car I saw I only had a minute and a half. I put in another dollar, its all I had left in quarters. Now was time for the rinsing. I must be a perfectionist but those darn bubbles would not come off! I made it around to the front of my car and the sprayer turned off! I didn't hear any beeps! Stupid car wash, not warn me when I'm out of time. So I had to go get two more dollars just to turn it on.

I put in the two dollars for four more minutes. I went to grab the sprayer which I did not put back in its holster. I wasn't the smartest person for doing that. It had whipped itself around and underneath the van. I started to pull on it and it didn't move. I pulled harder and it whipped out and turned in circles making its way back under the van. It was like trying to catch a wild animal! I slowly worked my way up the hose as it kept spinning. I had to jump over the nozzle once or twice than I grabbed it! I came out fairly unscathed. I finished spraying off the van and saw I had more than two minutes. What was I going to do for two minutes! I turned it to the tire/engine setting and sprayed one tire then I said forget it and drove away. Now I have a clean car. HOORAY!

No comments: