Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wendover pt.3: the Gambler . . .

Smelly and I sat at a video poker machine. She says she does better on those. I sat next to her and played nickel video poker. I figure I was paying my 5 cents to keep me entertained because I knew I wouldn't win anything.
Candilander told us about this amazing thing that when you sit at a slot machine or something they bring around FREE WATER AND SODA!!! Smelly and I were really looking forward to this. We sat down and kept our eyes pealed for the drink lady(for lack of better term). After I was down two dollars we decided to switch machines. And then we heard that glorious sound of the waitress saying "free drinks?"!!! Smelly and I both said cherry coke at the same time. There version of cherry coke is coke with marchino cherries in it. Not the premade stuff. OOOOH were we excited.




As soon as we had our drinks we went to find Candilander being I was down another dollar. We finally found her and she didn't want to say how much she had lost. She was very annoyed that I was only down 3 dollars. I headed for the penny slots because thats what I'm best at and its only a penny! Smelly found another video poker machine and Candilander sat next to me. I told her I had to win my three dollars back. Not even kidding, the third time I pushed the button it started beeping because its all electronic now and it doesn't ding. I was thinking yay I might get my three dollars! When it hit that point it kept on going and I started to laugh. It beeped for about 5 minutes. I had won 1247 credits which translates to $12.47! Ya baby!
If that had been a dollar machinge I would have over one thousand dolalrs, but I dont play those because I'm not supposed to gamble. . . .
Candilander gave me that annoyed look and was being gitty for my 12 dollars. I printed my voucher and ended it there. We headed to the cash machine so I could get my 12 dollars and Smelly could get her two dollars. I think Candilander was embarresed by us but we all have fun.




here's a link to Smelly's podcast of our trip. http://www.emhedrick.com/emLogs/Podcast/Entries/2009/2/1_026_|_emLogs_|_Wendover.html

No comments: