Thursday, February 26, 2009

The rain came down and floods came up

We finally moved in on Valentine's Day. I'm not quite sure why though. The kitchen was still under construction, no cupboards, counter top or kitchen sink!!! We were living off of cereal and pb & j. the staples in life are great.

Well a few days later I was walking into my bedroom and some water squished up from the side of the wood floor! My first thought was the girls spilled some water. Then I thought the bathroom sink was leaking. Travis was smart as usual and looked into the laundry room where the main drain is and we had a few inches of water in there. IT WAS BACKING UP!!!

We grabbed all the towels we could but it kept coming. It started to seep into our new hotel carpet! We couldn't stop the floods from coming. We tried calling a plumber but it was upwards of 300 at night we we decided to wait till morning.

We took apart our room and shoved everything to one side. My computer desk made a great night stand! I kind of missed it when we put it back.

In the morning we got a plumber and some fans to dry our carpet. Luckily it was bath water that came out of the drain and not um *cough* other stuff.



No comments: