Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My thoughts of today (yes I have them occasionally)

Today we took trax down town for an event and what made me think was the ride home. We were waiting at the station with a billion other kids and their many balloons when the train pulled up. It looked like we might have to stand so we headed for the first bench we saw.

I sat across from this guy in a white shirt in tie. He scooted up right next to the window and his legs were shaking. "What is this guys problem?" I thought he might be a missionary who lost his companion but that went away when I noticed no little black name tag.

My niece Brooklyn came and sat by me and he scooted over even more and was practically staring straight up looking at the top of the buildings. Here are the things I began to think he was nervous about:

germs
kids
women
people
small places
worried his parents would yell at him for talking to strangers

Eventually another bench opened up closer to my sister so I moved over there to give this guy some space. He only relaxed a little bit. My thought is if being on the trax makes you that nervous, why are you there.



My second thought of the day happened when I turned into my neighborhood and saw a lady working in her yard. If you're going to work in the yard in a camisole PLEASE OH PLEASE where a bra!!!!

No comments: